‘I love you more than anything in the world’: Girl, 15, forced to send notes to her parents hidden in origami after they lose custody of her to a HOSPITAL
- Justina Pelletier was diagnosed with mitochondrial disease as a child
- The 15-year-old was admitted to Boston Children’s Hospital after coming down with the flu
- She has been kept there against her will for nine months
- Doctors have claimed the teen is in fact suffering a mental illness that manifests itself in physical symptoms
- Her parents are embroiled in a custody battle with the hospital who did not wish to comment
- Neither the Department of Children and Families or hospital were able to comment after a court judge prohibited public statements being made
PUBLISHED: 05:43 EST, 20 November 2013 | UPDATED: 11:47 EST, 20 November 2013
The parents of a 15-year-old girl who has a long history of medical problems have lost custody of her to a hospital.
Justina Pelletier was diagnosed with mitochondrial disease, a genetic disorder that can cause loss of muscle coordination and weakness, several years ago.
The teenager from West Hartford, Connecticut, however was able to live a normal life until coming down with the flu in February.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510404/Justina-Pelletier-trapped-hospital-sends-hidden-notes-parents-origami.html#ixzz2lIuxd4hE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook